[Geomoose-users] GM3: Different Projections, securing underlying data?

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Wed Sep 27 12:35:25 PDT 2017

Dan and Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding projections, I would still like to use county coordinates for the x/y status bar, underlying data, air photo background, etc.  I have no desire to use Google or Mapnik boundaries.  Therefore I would like to continue using my county coordinates if possible.  Is there a way that I can verify which version of Mapserver / MS4W has the projection bug so that I can avoid that version of Mapserver / MS4w if I choose to use my own projection?

Regarding sharing data through WMS, WFS, and GeoJson.  Our county does not have an “Open Data” Policy yet.   Therefore I think I should do my due diligence to try to protect users from downloading the parcels in a vector format through an open WFS or GeoJSON endpoint – even if it is just the outline and Parcel Identification Number.   So it sounds like my choices right now are 1) Adopt an Open data Policy.  2) Use GeoMOOSE 3.x, but without the cool features, or 3) Use GeoMOOSE 2.x.  Is that correct?  If so perhaps there might be more interest in adopting an open data policy.

Thank You!

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP