[Geomoose-users] Fwd: Re: Identify with scale/resolution dependent layers

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Jul 23 10:07:57 PDT 2020

From: "Brent Fraser" <bfraser at geoanalytic.com>
Sent: 7/23/20 10:58 AM
To: "James Klassen" <klassen.js at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Geomoose-users] Identify with scale/resolution dependent layers

Interesting, I hadn't considered what would happen if the user did an Identify on a visible feature, then used the ZoomTo feature option, then it became invisible due to a resolution setting.  Rather unsettling!

My original problem was with the following workflow:
- user zooms in map
- layer 1 is on and visible (no resolution restriction), layer 2 is on but NOT visible due to resolution restriction
- user does an Identify operations
- results are returned for layer 1 AND layer 2 (even though layer 2 is not visible)

In my opinion there should be no results for layer 2.  Making this behaviour opt-in is a good solution.  Not sure if it should be an attribute on the <mapsource> (where the *resolution is set) or the <template type="identify"> (where identify is enabled).