[Geomoose-users] WFS-T editing is back! GeoMoose 3.8.0 released!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 31 17:38:03 PDT 2021

GeoMoose 3.8.0 is also now available as an MS4W package, through the
installer as usual (https://ms4w.com).

But I spent much effort today to get a *live* demo of the new GeoMoose
feature editing tools, working in MS4W/MapServer, saving directly to
PostgreSQL 13.4, PostGIS 3.1.2 through TinyOWS/WFS-T, to show the
excellence of GeoMoose with MS4W :

- goto the MS4W demo server: https://ms4w.dev/gm3/desktop/
- (notice the beautiful 'jeff' urban areas in the map, ha)
- in the left panel, in the 'Catalog' tab, look for a "Feature Editing"
section, and specifically the "Census cities (urban areas)" layer
- click on the little pencil under that layer name, you should see the
editing tools appear near the top of the map
- click on the icon "Add a polygon layer to the map"
- with left mouse, click for each node of the polygon, when finished
double-click
- for 'GeoID' enter a number, for 'Name' enter text
- click 'Save changes' button
- the map should show your new polygon, with a label (sometimes you have
to zoom-in to see the label)

Happy mapserving!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training