[GeoMoose-users] Display pbf vector-tiles

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:10:52 PST 2023

type="xyz" (in GeoMoose) is for raster tiles so GeoMoose is failing to
interpret the .pbf file as an image.

MVT (.pbf) is supported by OpenLayers, so it shouldn't be too hard get
at least basic map display functionality in GeoMoose.

I'm not sure how queries (Identify, Search, etc.) would work. Currently,
GeoMoose either relies on being able to query a server (WFS, etc.) or on
server to run queries and loading the whole dataset into memory runs
counter to why someone would use MVT in the first place.  (This is
mostly a problem for search.  But, even identify would only know about
the feature as displayed on the map and that might give different
answers than it would at the most detailed level).