[GeoNode-devel] [Incubator] MOTION: Accept GeoNode into incubation

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:58:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (and thanks for volunteering David)
>
> Small correction of the application. GeoServer and PostGIS are not OGC
> certified at the present time.

Curious how GeoServer could not be certified as its the reference
implementation of several OGC standards. In any case, GeoNode is based
on these 2 + pycsw.

> I not the request to transfer (c) from OpenPlans to OSgeo. OpenPlans already
> has paperwork to that effect on file - ideally we would have their agent (or
> employee) do the transfer (update the headers etc...). For GeoServer we got
> a letter written and sent to the board, and then the community updated the
> headers in response to this "request".

I have no idea who to talk to at OpenPlans anymore. We can try to poke around.

> I was interested in the request to move downloads, website and mailing list
> to OSGeo. Where are downloads located now?

The downloads are in a few places. Ubuntu/debian packages are hosted
on launchpad, python packages are on pypi. Most people use one of the
two or just install from source off of github. We dont really provide
a downloadable package that would need to go on osgeo. The mailing
list is already hosted on osgeo and the website is hosted on github
pages. We have a jenkins build server on amazon and also use travis.

Let us know if there are any other issues we can help with.

Jeff