[GeoNode-devel] Edit users profiles

Stefano Menegon ste.menegon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 01:31:30 PDT 2015

Hi all,

 is there any way, for an admin user, to edit other users profiles?

The admin/people/profile changeform displays only the fields "First
name", "Last name" and "Email address".
On the other hand, the people/edit view doesn't permit to edit other
users profiles. Here the message:
"You are not allowed to edit other users profile"

We massively use "fake" users in order to improve the metadata (e.g.
Point Of Contact), so we need to manage these profiles through the web
site.
I think extending admin interface could be reasonable and quite simple
and I could implement it.

Let me know what you think.

--

//Stefano Menegon, PhD

Italian National Research Council (CNR),
ISMAR Institute of Marine Sciences
Arsenale - Tesa 104, Castello 2737/F,
I-30122 Venice -Italy