[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode 2.4 status
simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:25:04 PDT 2015
we would like to do a quick recap about what is missing in order to release
a 2.4 final.
We have two main issues that are under resolution:
- some occasional Geoserver instability with authentication and styling
- the migrations from 2.0 to 2.4
As mentioned both of these are under development and the migrations are
There are also a couple of other things that can be addressed before the
release if they are fixed in time otherwise will go to 2.4.1:
- notifications rework
- better cache management and invalidation for thumbnails and tiles
- Geoserver upgrade to 2.7
To sum up we can say the GeoNode 2.4 is already pretty stable and can be
used as we don't expect data model nor big codebase changes before the
GeoNode is currently distributed on two ppa:
- ppa:geonode/testing has the latest beta
- ppa:geonode/snapshots has the nightly build from master
both of them for Ubuntu 14.04.
We're almost there!
Thanks to everyone for contributions, feedback and comments.
The GeoNode developers team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the geonode-devel