[GeoNode-devel] celery_app

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:55:20 PDT 2015

I think it is used for tasks such as Web Service harvesting:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/services/tasks.py

though it will not be used until the tasks are effectively created
using the admin, if I remember properly
cheers

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Simone Dalmasso
<simone.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt, you are right, it doesn't seems to be used. I think we could comment
> it? @garnertb?

>> Hey guys,
>>
>> The import of celery_app in the settings file causes some issues.  For
>> one, it doesn't even appear to be used, and second, it's trying to import it
>> directly as celery_app rather than geonode.celery_app which is the
>> convention for all other apps included within geonode.
>>
>> Was this something added as a work in progress, or is it needed?
>>
>> matt

> Simone

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer