[GeoNode-devel] Motion to change the license of the documentation to CC-by-SA 2.0

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:46:26 PST 2015

Hi Folks,

I'm just going over the OSGeo incubation checklist with David Bitner.
One thing it looks like we need to do is to change the license for the
Documentation to something in the CC family. Seems like CC-by-SA 2.0
is the closest to GPL.

Not sure we have had to do this before, but according to your bylaws,
the PSC is composed of the 7 highest committers in the last year.
Based on this link,
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/graphs/contributors?from=2014-11-17&to=2015-11-17&type=c
that is these people.

Simone Dalmasso
Paolo Corti
Patrick Dufour
Ariel Nunez
Tyler Garner
Tom Kralidis
Paolo Pasquali

And I dont even get a vote :)

Please speak up ASAP so we can move this forward.

Jeff