[GeoNode-devel] Insteresting read about microservices

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 05:24:24 PDT 2015

For 2.4 we did some separation of concerns in our codebase, to make sure
some things like geonode.geoserver could be left out of INSTALLED_APPS and
GeoNode would run correctly (even with reduced functionality).

This read about microservices got me thinking that we need to update our
diagrams (internal components, modules, etc). And I think it would be
beneficial to think of most internal components as services and see where
the natural breaking points are. Let's improve the internal docs with some
of this during the next code sprint.

-a

http://philcalcado.com/2015/09/08/how_we_ended_up_with_microservices.html?