[GeoNode-devel] Fall Sprint Nov 16-20 Turin & New Orleans (new thread!)

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:57:34 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Jeffrey Johnson <ortelius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Going to start a new thread here since the old one was getting too
> long for comfort.
>
> So, we are set for November 16-20 in Turin at Ithaca [1] and in New
> Orleans at Landing Zone [2] (hosted by Boundless).
>
> Note that this coincides with National Geography Awareness week in the US [3].
>
> It seems like everyone is in agreement with Paolo's proposed schedule:
>
> 1 - Leave Monday for traveling (those who arrive on Monday will be hosted)
> 2 - Start from Tuesday morning with presentations (who is doing what
> with GeoNode and going to do. we can do this on hangouts so folks that
> cant make it can join)
> 3 - Tue, Wed, Thu: work on specific projects or modules, Bug fixing ,
> docs, website
> 4 - Friday open discussion on next release with GN users as well
>
> A few TODO items
>
> * Update this page on the site [4] (or add a new one)
> * Get the 2.4 release out at least a few weeks before this
> * Begin discussion and documentation of the Roadmap after 2.4
> * Issue triage on Docs tickets so we can be efficient when working on
> docs during this sprint
>
> If someone can take on the task of getting the site updated that would
> be great. It should be pretty easy now with the new jekyll setup.

Given our recent GitHub Pages / Jekyll port (we now also have a blog
feed and sitemaps enabled), I've added a draft blog post to
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode.github.com/blob/master/_drafts/2015-09-27-geonode-fall-2015-code-sprint.html
for review and comment.  When this is ready for publishing, it can be
moved into _posts/2015/09 and GitHub Pages will automagically publish
the blogpost (to work with drafts locally, see
http://jekyllrb.com/docs/drafts/ for more info).