[GeoNode-devel] Costumize metadata geonode editor
ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:14:26 PDT 2015
When modifying the metadata schema, my approach has been to just fork
GeoNode and keep the changes restricted to ONLY that change.
The workflow would be:
1. Make sure you have a master branch in your repo that is an exact copy of
2. Create a branch with your project name or called 'inspire' for example.
Commit the metadata changes there.
3. If you installed via packages, replace the existing geonode with your
version (careful with local_settings.py), clone it via git and then do pip
install -e on the folder
4. When 2.4 is final, update your version of master with the latest from
GeoNode master (exact copy).
5. Merge your master into your inspire branch.
6. Pull the changes from your server into the folder where you did the git
clone and reload apache.
It sounds a bit convoluted but has worked for me, metadata changes are not
easy to do as external apps, contrib or extensions ...
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Eduardo Pascoal <pascoal.egeo at gmail.com>
> Dear all,
> i have my own metadata profile based on ISO19139 and INSPIRE
> implementation rules. I would like to understand how can i modify the
> geonode metadata editor with extra fields according to my own metadata
> What is the best approach to do a metadata editor? Should i edit base app
> on contrib folder and update model.py? or create my own app that should
> override base? What dependencies must i consider to do this?
> Do you know any documentation about this subject that you suggest?
> Any help would be great
> Best regards,
> Eduardo Pascoal
> geonode-devel mailing list
> geonode-devel at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the geonode-devel