[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode Devops

Patrick Dufour pjdufour.dev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:52:00 PDT 2016

Yeah, I've seen that.  Also, I've used the ROGUE Chef cookbooks at
https://github.com/ROGUE-JCTD/rogue-cookbook.

Definitely room for some harmonization.  Just to highlight some of the
(future) benefits, design decisions, in the new code.  Had to strip out
some of the code for the community version.  The CentOS production version
is much more sophisticated but not complete yet.  I'll try to enhance
community version over time.  Here are the advantages:

- Separating variables from playbook files
- Creation of "common roles" that can be used across multiple GeoNode and
other webGIS (GeoDjango) based projects
- Packer integration
- CentOS Development Machine, too (ETA next week).
- Custom filter plugins and fact modules (Ansible is super easy to extend.
More coming on this.)

Regards,
Patrick