[GeoNode-devel] Building a fresh GeoExplorer client for GeoNode 2.X

Han Qin hqin1021 at live.com
Mon Aug 1 08:38:41 PDT 2016

Dear all,
I install GeoNode 2.4 and plan to add a new map classification method (similar like Jenks Natural Breaks).The default GeoNode works well on my VM (Ubuntu 14.04), but I can't find a way to edit the GeoExplorer client. And besides adding a button, I would like to make some changes at the client side as well.
I am aware of WorldMap (http://worldmap.harvard.edu/) that builded their own GeoExplorer client with GeoNode 1.X, but if I am going to use the GeoNode 2.X version, does anyone have experiences on building a fresh GeoExplorer client for 2.X version or any comments/suggestions?
Best regards,Han