[GeoNode-devel] Behavior of distribution_url, distribution_description?

Bruce Crevensten becrevensten at alaska.edu
Fri Feb 12 11:43:41 PST 2016

Thanks for the information, Tom!  To clarify my intent, I was hacking to
use these fields to drive a different front-end for publishing maps with
GeoNode, and here's how I was using the fields in that front-end:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78jsyYUsdOaSnJZbWUtS0RkWjQ/view?usp=sharing

What I need is two key/value pairs with a known key in each case that I can
reference in an API request for the layer (in our case, we're extending the
API with pull request [1] below).  I'm unclear on where, via GeoNode's
layer editor (Home > Layers > Pick a layer > Edit > Metadata), I could add
that type of information -- or where, in general, to interact via the GUI
with the "rich metadata links model"?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

[1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/2305

--
*Bruce Crevensten*

*Senior Software Engineer*
(SNAP) Scenarios Network for Alaska & Arctic Planning
www.snap.uaf.edu