[GeoNode-devel] [GeoNode-users] Pycsw vs Geonetwork

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:00:30 PST 2016

The main issue was that geonetwork has it's own db and with pycsw we were
able to set it up in read only mode from the geonetwork db.

GeoNetwork is not designed to be a library but an application, pycsw on the
other hand acts as a library within GeoNode and therefore is much smaller,
easier to maintain and to reason about.

GeoNetwork on it's own is a very good piece of software and with it's
latest releases is more of an alternative to GeoNode itself.