[GeoNode-devel] Proposal to release GeoNode 2.5 beta

Daniel Berry dberry at boundlessgeo.com
Fri Jul 29 08:46:17 PDT 2016

All,

We have completed testing based off of the GeoNode test plan (spreadsheet)
and patched a few issues in GeoNode master, there are still some issues
that we have identified, specifically
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/2566 that prevents some admin GUI
functionality.

I suggest we release 2.5 beta and freeze all schema changes and that the
work towards 2.6 will include migrations from 2.4 installations.

If there are no concerns I propose we do the following:

- bump version in github to 2.5.0 beta -
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/__init__.py#L23

- push to pypi and just hide the package, requiring a user to specifically
request it.

- generate the deb files for beta testing

- generate the exe bundle for beta testing

I have also added a GeoNode workgroup for the upcoming foss4g code sprint.
If you are able to attend, please add your name to the list.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint#Registered_Attendees

Let me know if anyone has any issues or concerns with this.

Cheers!

Dan
--
*Daniel Berry*