[GeoNode-devel] 2.5/2.6 Release Update and Schedule

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:35:09 PDT 2016

Hi Folks,

We previously agreed to switch to odd/even semantic versioning going
forward. This means we will do a 2.5.0 release as 'beta' and 2.5.1,
2.5.2 and so on until we are ready to do 2.6 final.

Boundless (Sara Safavi and Daniel Berry) have stepped up, and will be
managing the upcoming 2.5 (Beta) and 2.6 (Final) releases. The 2.5
release is targeted for 20-22 July and the 2.6 release is planned to
be completed 21-23 August during the Bonn sprint. The intent is to
update the test plans for any new additions and would be glad to have
others join us during the sprint before foss4g Bonn.

What this means for all of you is that new features or new contrib
modules (especially ones that require schema changes) that you would
like to see included in 2.6 should be sent as pull requests ASAP as we
will call a feature freeze a week before the first 2.5 on July 15th.

Note that we will be finalizing migrations between 2.4 and 2.6 and
ensuring that the backup and restore functionality works between
versions.

Looking forward to new contributions and to finalizing the next release!

Jeff