[GeoNode-devel] Editing the EPSG database in the GeoServer included with GeoNode

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:13:50 PDT 2016

Dear developers

I am struggling with the following: I need to add a custom projection
for GeoServer, so I should need to edit the EPSG.sql file according to
the documentation:
http://docs.geoserver.org/2.7.2/user/advanced/crshandling/manualepsg.html

Unluckily I cannot find the gt2-epsg-h.jar

Doing a locate epsg, I get some .jar that seems to contain something similar:

gt-epsg-extension-2.6.3.jar
gt-epsg-hsql-10-SNAPSHOT.jar

but they do not contain the EPSG.sql file, as suggested in the above
linked documentation.

This is what I see in the epsg directory:

ls org/geotools/referencing/factory/epsg/

DatabaseCreationScript.class
FactoryUsingHSQL.class
HsqlEpsgDatabase.class
ThreadedHsqlEpsgFactory.class
EPSG_Indexes.sql
HsqlDialectEpsgFactory.class
PrepareForHSQL.xml
UpdateEPSGDatabase.txt
EPSG.zip
HsqlDialectEpsgMediator.class
SqlScriptReader.class

Anyone of you is able to advise about which steps should I follow?

thanks a lot

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net