[GeoNode-devel] OSM data publishing with osm-extract

simone balbo simone.balbo at ithaca.polito.it
Wed Jan 4 08:20:12 PST 2017

Hi list!

Recently we faced the need to publish OSM data layers in GeoNode and update
them regularly for the country of Malawi (www.masdap.mw).
We took advantage of a script called osm-extract, that was developed by
TerraNodo some time ago, and successfully customized for our needs.

Since we deem it useful because could be implemented in other country
GeoNodes, we wrote a few lines of documentation here
<http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/tutorials/advanced/adv_data_mgmt/osm.html#using-the-osm-extract-script-to-download-osm-data-into-postgis>(some
more is in this pull request <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/2799>)
hoping to make it easy for other GeoNode admins.

Happy New Year to everybody,

Simone (and the ITHACA team)

Simone Balbo

ITHACA - Information Technology for Humanitarian Assistance, Cooperation
and Action
www.ithacaweb.org
via Pier Carlo Boggio 61 - 10138 - Torino - Italy
011 1975 1875