[GeoNode-devel] uwsgi+nginx vs gunicorn+supervisor for production

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:57:45 PST 2017

Hi all,

Currently we are using uwsgi and nginx as our production setup for
serving GeoNode (both with ansible and docker scripts).
This setup was part of our ansible scripts for Ubuntu 14.04 and we have
kept this setup for the latest 16.04 update.
Also, we have successfully used the combination of uwsgi with supervisor
(instead of uwsgi-emperor) on our GeoNode-Live iso.
Does anyone have feedback about gunicorn vs uwsgi performance from a
GeoNode production perspective?
Should we switch or not?

Cheers,
Angelos