[GeoNode-users] Hint for Hardware-Specifications / Performance

Florian Hoedt florian.hoedt at hs-owl.de
Tue Dec 8 00:58:50 PST 2015

Hello List,
We plan to use Geonode as our enterprise (university) SDI. I have to evaluate which hardware specs we need to get enough performance for our use case. Here are some facts about our current data / user /usage scenario:

Our peak scenarios have ~ 60 - 80 Concurrent users which:
Use quite large rasters (aerials 20cm resolution, sat-images) as basemaps.
Use WFS / WCS as input for geoprocessing services (the geoprocessing is locally not on the server).

What experience is there for RAM and CPU cost - which pair of those would work nicely for our peak scenario?

My Idea is to split each used software to a different machine like:
1. Geonode
2. Geoserver (most taxing afaik)
3. Postgres

Are there known issues / limitations doing so?

Thank you
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Florian Hoedt

B.Sc. Florian Hoedt
Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe / Campus Höxter
FB 9 Landschaftsarchitektur und Umweltplanung
An der Wilhelmshöhe 44
37671 Höxter
Tel.: 05271-687-7478
E-Mail: florian.hoedt at hs-owl.de