[GeoNode-users] Geonode and Postgres database in different servers

Miguel Torres migtorres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 08:01:30 PDT 2015

HI,

Due to legal terms and in house knowledge we are planning to install
Geonode in a cloud Linux server with an in house Windows server running
Postgres and storing all data and metadata.

I am wondering if when a user uploads a dataset to Geonode is quickly
converted to the Postgres database without the need of sending Data to the
Geonode server or if it is firstly uploaded to the external server and then
converted and uploaded again to the internal server. This would be very
important in terms of performance as the second chance means a huge
uploading time.

Can anyone give me an idea of the process?

Thanks,

Miguel