[GeoNode-users] Layers with epsg:4618 shiffting in GeoNode

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 16 12:28:34 PDT 2015

sorry for actually not answering your questions. I give it a shot now:

(a) GeoServer should not transform your data into a different system.
When I look at my Chilean data ("Layers" list in GeoServer > Native
SRS), they are still in the uploaded CRS (EPSG 32719), or in EPSG:4326
for data from OpenStreetMap.

(b) it may be that GeoServer does not understand the EPSG you have and
therefore use another projection.

(c) if you display your GeoNode data, the GeoExplorer client should
request the data in the Google Projection (forgo the EPSG code) to be
able to overlay it with the Tiles from base map providers. So, the CRS
that your data have when you request the data, depends on your client /
request to GeoServer.

stefan