[GeoNode-users] Query on a medium sized postgis table layer takes forever on 2.4b25

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 06:36:35 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Rainer Lissewski
<rainerlissewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, in the map view, I have tried to query a single attribute value
> (varchar) from a layer with about 5000 rows, and it has been running over an
> hour now, with no result. If someone can guide me where to look for the
> possible culprit (geoserver, django,...), I would gladly take any hints

Things I would check (in this order):
* response to the getfeatureinfo request using your browser debug toolbar
* geoserver log
* try the query in postgis and check it using EXPLAIN

regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net