[GeoNode-users] How to import postGIS table into GeoNode & update metadata?

KhunSanAung khunsanaung.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:37:19 PDT 2015

Hi All,

In the geonode, there is an interface where users can upload shape files
into geonode.

For my case I have tens of files, (nearly hundred files) to upload to
GeoNode server.
My data are in the postGIS format in local computer (hundreds MB).
I don't want to upload one by one manually.

*Question 1 : Is there a way to feed postGIS tables directly to GeoNode?*
Not just importing tables into geonode database but the layers should
appear for users in the GeoNode CMS view.

*Question 2: If it is possible, how can I update the metadata for layers
where the differences in metadata are in the file name and the categories
only.*
The rest fields are the same. What method I should use to update the
metadata in GeoNode?

​Thank you very much for any help.​

--
Have a nice day!