[GeoNode-users] Thumbnails not generated correctly

Brian Norberg bnorberg02 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:52:44 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have installed Geonode on a clean vm running Ubuntu 14.04 using the
testing branch of the ppa. Everything works great, except the thumbnail
creation for layers and maps.

On some layers, thumbnails are auto generated on upload, but for other
layers and maps, they are not. For the latter case, when I try to set the
thumbnail through the edit interface, the thumbnails get created but
without the layers included (see attached images).

Again, the layer viewing and maps themselves work correctly. It is just the
thumbnail generation that is not able to grab the needed features from
Geoserver. Do you have any suggestions about where in the code or
Geonode/Geoserver settings I should look to begin fixing this issue?

Thanks,

Brian