[GeoNode-users] Security issue: allowed to download view-only shapefiles if i create a map with selected layer

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:12:25 PDT 2015

Hi Vladimiro!
Good catch, it looks that we implemented the permissions for layers but not
the check on map download see here
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/maps/views.py#L593.
We are also missing a test then.
To fix that is enough to add
*or not
request.user.has_perm('download_resourcebase',obj=ownable_layer.get_self_resource())*
We will fix this soon in master.
Thanks again for reporting!