[GeoNode-users] geonode_data is still empty

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:44:50 PST 2015

Hi all,

I'm working to set up a new installation of geonode, and I was trying the functionalities.
I configured postgresql as DB. Following the instruction of the custom installation
I set up the two DBs, geonode and geonode_data.
I understood geonode_data is to store the uploaded spatial dataset as shp file,
so I tested an shp upload. The shp file was correctly uploaded, but it was saved in the
geoserver data dir and not in the db. Is that correct? am I missing something on the
local_setting.py or somewhare?

Of course my config file includes the parameters for the DBs and the DBs were created:
DATABASES = {
    'default': {
         'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
         #'ENGINE': '',
         'NAME': 'geonode',
         'USER': 'geonode',
         'PASSWORD': 'my_pass',
         'HOST' : 'localhost',
         'PORT' : '5433',

     },
    # vector datastore for uploads
    'datastore' : {
        'ENGINE': 'django.contrib.gis.db.backends.postgis',
        #'ENGINE': '', # Empty ENGINE name disables
        'NAME': 'geonode_data',
        'USER' : 'geonode',
        'PASSWORD' : 'my_pass',
        'HOST' : 'localhost',