[GeoNode-users] GeoNode's default SRS

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Fri Nov 6 06:11:29 PST 2015

Yes, Google Maps or Bing or MapQuest tiles don't come in EPSG 4326. Its
simply not possible. If you use for instance QGIS and the OpenLayers
Plugin to display Mapquest in the background you will see in the bottom
left that the CRS is changing to EPSG:3857 (originally this was 900973).
EPSG 4326 is geographic coordinates while 3857 is in "m" = projected.

stefan