[GeoNode-users] Problems with "geonode updatelayers" to generate thumbs, beginning to take place after the problems with the bing maps

Davi Custodio davicustodio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 07:07:06 PDT 2015

Started happening some strange things in all my GeoNode servers after the
problem with Bing began to happen:

1 - When performing "geonode updatelayers" no thumb file is generated in
the /var/www/geonode/uploaded/thumbs

2 - When you access a layer and force the thumb generation in the "set"
button, the thumb is usually generated for some layers and your file too,
but for most, the thumb generated shows only the background map (Mapquest
OpenStreetMap) without showing the contents of the layer of geoserver.

Tested in both situations: taking and keeping bing in the local_settings.py.

the log: http://pastebin.com/qpMJAbQh while "geonode updatelayers" happens.

I checked all the namespaces and GeoServer are correct. Also I checked the
"Layer Preview" and are also working.

I could not find where the problem might be.

Interestingly, this error only happens when I use the "geonode
updatelayers". When I use the "Set" button GeoNode thumb to force the
generation of a specific layer the error does not happen.

Any idea what might be going on?

--
Davi de O. Custódio