[GeoNode-users] Permissions on GeoNode deployment

Melvin Ramos melvin.ramos1991 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:51:48 PDT 2015

Hello community,

I made a deployment of GeoNode (using the GitHub way, meaning the version
is 2.4bSomething) in a VPS server, and at first I had trouble because I
couldn't upload files. I changed the ownership of the uploaded folder from
root to www-data to fix this.

Although everything works fine regarding the uploading, once uploaded the
file, the system can't show the layers in the map viewer (both the layer
detail and the viewer alone), and also if you set up the thumbnail, it
creates the thumb file, but it doesn't show it. It gives this error:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED
http://localhost:8000/uploaded/thumbs/layer-1886cbce-4162-11e5-92a1-f23c91e4f95f-thumb.png

Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

--