[GeoNode-users] Customize GeoNode from the ubuntu package downloaded with sudo apt-get

Kevin Côté Kevin.Cote2 at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Aug 24 07:21:06 PDT 2016

Hi Francesco,

I run into an error when I try to do "python manage.py collectstatic". I
get:

"OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/static'".

I have proceeded this way:

1. Install Geonode from "sudo apt-get"

2. Create a directory in my /home folder to host the customized project.

3. Enter the created directory and performed "django-admin.py
startproject my_geonode
--template=https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/archive/master.zip
-epy,rst"

4. "pip install -e ." in the project directory

5. "python manage.py syncdb"

6. changed the WSGIScriptAlias in the geonode.conf file to point to the
wsgi.py in the project folder.

7. In the geonode.conf file, added a "DocumentRoot" line that points to
my project folder and modified the <Directory> tag to point to the
project folder as specified in the customize documentation.

8. Proceeded with "python manage.py collectatic" in the project folder.
This gets me the error specified above.

Do you know what I could have done wrong ?

Thanks !

Le 2016-08-23 17:23, Francesco Bartoli a écrit :

> Hi Kevin,
>
> absolutely, following the approach of geonode-project [1] you can customize even the systemwide geonode. Make sure to take the right branch corresponding to your version (I'm assuming you are on 2.4)
>
> Francesco
>
> [1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/master [1]
>
> Il giorno 23/ago/2016, alle ore 21:43, Kevin Côté <Kevin.Cote2 at USherbrooke.ca> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wanted to know if it is possible to customize the GeoNode plateform when it has been automatically installed using the "sudo apt-get" method. If so, is the procedure similar to the one explained in the docs ?
>>
>> Thanks

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/master