[GeoNode-users] Customize pages found in template directory of main geonode app

xbartolone@gmail.com xbartolone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:49:00 PDT 2016

Hi Kevin,

From your custom geonode project you can override other pages the same way you did with base and index.

Francesco

Inviato da TypeApp per iPhone
On 25 ago 2016 at 19:05, Kevin Côté <Kevin.Cote2 at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:

Hi,
I want to customize pages other than base.html and index.html for my custom geonode project. In this example I want to change the "Share this" text of the social_links.html page for something else.
My understanding is that I need to create a new HTML template file and that will be linked to the base social_links.html file.
So, I created the HTML file "site_links.html" in the template folder of my custom project. The file looks like this:
{% extends social_links.html %}
{% load i18n %}
{% block social_links %}
<article class="tab-pane" id="share">
    <header>
       <h3>{% trans "New text here!" %} {% trans resource.class_name %} </h3>
    </header>
</article>
{% endblock %}
I've also added to the main social_links.html file:
{% extends "site_links.html" %}
I tought this would work but whenever I get on a layer page, I get an Internal Server Error.
What is the correct way to customize other pages than index.html and base.html ?
Thanks !