[GeoNode-users] LDAP on windows

Franklin, Chris CFranklin at AngloGoldAshanti.com
Tue Aug 30 23:57:25 PDT 2016

Ok I added this to my local setting file :

import ldap
from django_auth_ldap.config import LDAPSearch

AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = (
    'django_auth_ldap.backend.LDAPBackend',
    'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend',
    'guardian.backends.ObjectPermissionBackend',
)
AUTH_LDAP_SERVER_URI = ‘ldap://ag.ad.local'
LDAP_SEARCH_DN = 'OU=AUSTRALIA,OU=AUSTRALASIA,DC=ag,DC=ad,DC=local'
AUTH_LDAP_USER = '(uid=%(user)s)'
AUTH_LDAP_BIND_DN = '{ADD_BIND_DN_IF_REQUIRED}'
AUTH_LDAP_BIND_PASSWORD = '{ADD_BIND_PASSWORD_IF_REQUIRED}'
AUTH_LDAP_USER_ATTR_MAP = {
    'first_name': 'givenName', 'last_name': 'sn', 'email': 'mail',
}
AUTH_LDAP_USER_SEARCH = LDAPSearch(LDAP_SEARCH_DN,
                                   ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, AUTH_LDAP_USER)

But was unsure on installing the ldap devel lib – who do I do that on windows?

http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/ldap/

Cheers
Chris Franklin
GIS and Database Co-ordinator