[GeoNode-users] How to disable /people/ and /groups/ pages to all users or defined groups of users?

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 01:11:46 PDT 2016

Hi Kevin,

to disable them at all you can just remove both the links in the templates
and the url from the people/urls.py and groups/urls.py
To only restrict them to some users you have to write an authorisation
backend for the people and group api. You ca refer to the tastypie docs for
it.

https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/api/api.py#L181
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/api/api.py#L207

http://django-tastypie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/authorization.html