[GeoNode-users] Fw: Geonode as the official SDI platform at NCC

Mehrdad Jafari Salim mehrdad_jafarisalim at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 22:49:56 PST 2016

 M.J.S

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
 To: Mehrdad Jafari Salim <mehrdad_jafarisalim at yahoo.com>
Cc: "nima.ghasemloo at gmail.com" <nima.ghasemloo at gmail.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:15 PM
 Subject: Re: Geonode as the official SDI platform at NCC

Hi Mehrdad,
I'm very happy to hear that and congratulations for your project.I'm aware that the csw harvesting is not as smooth as expected, I'm not a real csw expert though. One of the geonode core developers is also the creator of pycsw so I encourage you to write on the list geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org where he, or others, can answer and help a broad audience.
I'm curious to follow the thread with he's recommendations.
Sorry to not be more helpful!Ciao

Dear Simone,
I'm very glad to inform you that I have been able to prove that Geonode can be a suitable solution for SDI platform at NCC and perhaps according to the result of its successful implementation at organization level, It can be a potential platform for NSDI as National Spatial Data infra-structure.
SO I have been assigned as Technical deputy of GIS dept. and project manager of NCC-SDI.
One of the major issues in this regard is how to get CSW and harvesting catalogue service provided by remote Geonetwork Open source software. It seems that there is a problem with that which I asked the head of programming team Mr. Nima Ghasemloo to elaborate the issue and he has come up with an intermediate program, but I prefer to get your recommendation and perhaps your solution as well befor taking any action.
Thank you in advance and awaiting for your reply.
CiaoMehrdad     M.J.S