[GeoNode-users] QGIS SLD and GeoNode/GeoServer

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:19:40 PST 2016

Hi List,

This is probaly more of a GeoServer question but, GeoNode users probably
have faced this some time or another, so here we go:

I have a soil vector layer with lots of different soil classes. In order to
create a nice layer style, I used QGis v2.12 to create some nice legend. I
then saved the layer style as a SLD file and pasted it in GeoServer. This
process has worked quite nice, despite differences in SLD version between
QGis (v1.1) and GeoSever (1.0). But it's not 100% and if I try to edit the
layer style using GeoNode Style editor, thing stop working and the style is
messed up.

So, what are the workflows for setting complex layer styles? Anyone using
QGis to generate SLD? I heard uDig is also a good tool for style
generation? And what about the Geoserver Explorer plugin? I never had much
luck using the plugin but I believe there is a problem with some of the
layers in my geoserver instance that is messing things up.

Thanks
Daniel