[GeoNode-users] unable to access Geonode from LAN or outside network

Basharat Iqbal b11064714 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:19:33 PST 2016

hiii

I am very new to ubuntu and geonode. i installed geonode using
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/install/custom_install.html
on one server machine.

Its working fine. firewall is active and ports (80,8080,8000,22) are open
using ufw. i restarted server many times. I can access server from client
using putty and can access webserver on 80 and geoserver on
server_public_ip:8080.

I have a problem. i cant access geonode on 8000 from LAN and outside.

I think its geonode problem. i have edited ALLOWED_HOSTS = ["*"] and
changed 'localhost' to public IP in both settings and local_settings file
but still no luck.

Could you please assist me in this regard.

Thank you in advance