[GeoNode-users] Integration with existing mapserver and associated metadata

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 02:22:33 PST 2016

Hi again,
Second issue that I encountered is the following. In our system
infrastructure, the data are served by Mapserver, and this is not going to
change. Introducing GeoNode, however, we want also to introduce the
possibility to selected users to publish their data through the
infrastructure exploiting the capabilities of GeoNode, so geoserver as
well. And of course we want this to be as seameless as possible. To do
this, we thought to deploy data from Mapserver via web service in Geonode.
But the blocker here is how to deal with metadata associated to the maps
stored in mapserver. I saw that in Geonode the way to load the metadata is
one by one simultaneously with each map. This won't work for our case. What
do you suggest in this case? Should I create a separate instance of pycsw
and harvest it from the geonode catalogue? would the catalogue maintain the
same capabilities seamlessly?
Any pointers appreciated
Thanks

--