[GeoNode-users] java heap size error uploading shapefile

Chris Jones Chris.Jones at sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
Mon Jul 11 17:27:52 PDT 2016

Hi all

I'm trying to upload a 200mb shapefile from Geonode into a RDS postgis database and keep getting a java heap size error. I have a separate EC2 instance running geoserver and have increased the instance to
T2 large so have 8gb RAM. Geoserver has no other layers and is not in production so it's not being heavily used at all.

I've also tested different settings for the java heap size (see below). This is what it's currently set to. I have increased these settings but the error persists.

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"

Can anyone advise what to try next?? Is there a limitation on shapefile size??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Chris Jones | Geospatial Analyst
Geospatial & Asset Systems
Information Communications Technology Services | Sunshine Coast Council
Phone:  07 5475 8717
Email:  Chris.Jones at Sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<mailto:Chris.Jones at Sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au>
Address:  Locked Bag 72 Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560.
Website:  http://maps.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/MyMaps