[GeoNode-users] A bug detected by me and others when zooming our project outcome maps

Everton Valiati Hemerly E.ValiatiHemerly at tudelft.nl
Fri May 6 08:28:21 PDT 2016

Dear Geonode Developers,

I have created this map to help one to disseminate their project outcomes; please see it:

 http://be-basic.grs.tudelft.nl/maps/313/view

But I still have a important issue which comes from a bug detected by me and others when zooming maps.  As you can read below from my ITC supporter, "This is caused by an incompatibility with Google Maps and/or Bing maps and needs to be fixed by the developers of Geonode in an upcoming release. But at the moment there is no such thing."

So, I would like to ask you, is it true what he is saying? Should I wait for the next version?! I know You just released the 2.4.0 !

Thank you very much and We are looking forward to fix this issue very soon.

(Below the ITC tecnician response)

 Hi Everton,

We just had a look at the be-basic.grs.tudelft.nl server and as far as I can tell  it is running geonode 2.4.0 + final patch. This is the latest release that is available from Geonode.org.

root at be-basic:~# dpkg -s geonode
Package: geonode
Section: science
Installed-Size: 4370
Maintainer: Ariel Nunez <ingenieroariel at gmail.com><https://webmail.tudelft.nl/owa/redir.aspx?REF=ya754dyw2ywoZZ3pvT0pa-EOMfYcuV6_hWZ5wJYglps5p75MwHXTCAFtYWlsdG86aW5nZW5pZXJvYXJpZWxAZ21haWwuY29t>
Architecture: all
Version: 2.4.0+thefinal0

Possibly, the confusion comes from a bug detected by Everton when zooming maps. This is caused by an incompatibility with Google Maps and/or Bing maps and needs to be fixed by the developers of Geonode in an upcoming release. But at the moment there is no such thing.

Best regards,
Erwin
(finished)

Best regards.

Dr. Everton Valiati Hemerly, Researcher

TU Delft /Civil Engineering & Geosciences, Geoscience and Remote Sensing
Room 2.120, Stevinweg 1, 2628 CN, Delft, The Netherlands
M  +31 (10) 619797325
E   e.valiatihemerly at tudelft.nl<mailto:e.valiatihemerly at tudelft.nl>
W  www.grs.citg.tudelft.nl