[GeoNode-users] default workspace for geosites

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 01:44:04 PST 2017

Dear all,

I setup geosites in my geonode instance.

I'm now testing the geosite I created. I tried to upload a SHP from my new geosite and the procedure went well.

However in geoserver, I see the new layer under the workspace named 'geonode', which was created by the master site (for master site I mean the one we have with the default installation of geonode). Since i inserted the variable DEFAULT_WORKSPACE='mynewgeosite' in the settings.py placed in the folder of my new geosite, I was expected to have the new SHP in the new geoserver workspace.

Where am I wrong?

Moreover, after the layer upload I can see it in the layer list, but in the 'type' filter I see the vector layer loaded over all the others layers loaded in the master site.

I was expected to have only 1 layer. Is that correct or it is due to a somehow miss-configuration?

Thanks in advance

Eugenio