[Geoprisma-dev] Caching for the Proxy

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Dec 8 10:05:08 EST 2009

> Pascal,
>
>   Could you take a quick look ?  This new feature is ready to be
> committed by I need a "Pascal proof" first :) .
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alexandre
>
> Alexandre Dube wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/30#comment:3
> >
> >  Please review, otherwise it's ready to be committed.
> >
> > Many thanks,

I was looking at the patch now with Pascal and one thing which annoyed
me is that currently if you turn caching on it will cache both TC and
WMS services.  Also, it is not possible to set different caching lengths
for a TC and a WMS.

We thought of two alternatives :

- add a variable in the driver directly to allow separate caching of WMS
and TC (e.g. "private static $s_bCaching     = false;" in
BoealisACL.php) to allow caching or not of WMS and TC (e.g.
$s_bWMSCaching, $s_bTileCacheCaching)

- add new functionality to the datastore, e.g.
<caching>
<timeout>

The second option would relieve users from configuring client-side
caching in the php code and they would moreover allow users to easily
switch caching on/off or set different times to particular datastores.
That is individual data sets could be controlled and not only WMS ot TC
service types.

What do you think ?

Yves