[Geoprisma-dev] Introduction

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 2 09:26:42 EST 2009

Christoph Baudson wrote:

> Mapbender already has some security measures, like OWS proxy [1], or HTTP
> authentication [2] (argh....german language only...sorry). For now, I want
> to follow the discussion and learn more about the GeoPrisma project. I
> would be glad to also contribute to the project and hopefully use it along
> with Mapbender.

Hi Christoph,

Welcome to the list! I spoke with Arnulf about this a bit, it's too bad
that we didn't realize before that MapBender already did some of this,
but looking forward I agree that we should try to collaborate wherever
possible. I believe Julien and/or Yves had a deeper discussion with him
about possible areas for collaboration so the discussion on this front
will probably have to continue with them and the rest of the team (FYI
Julien is going to be back only next week).

Actually, one of the things I'd be interested in is how MapBender
addressed the performance issues related to the use of a proxy.
Performance of the proxy is one of the weak points of the current
GeoPrisma implementation and I'd be interested to hear how you dealt
with that and if there is any lessons or code we can share on that front.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/