[Geoprisma-dev] OT : [Fwd: [postgis-users] SOLVED: Combining / agglomerating / clustering numbers of adjacent polygons]

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Nov 5 14:59:24 EST 2009

Hi List,

I will rarely cross-post, but I thought that post from the postgis-users
list was worth posting here.  One key issue with any JS web mapping
client is dealing with *lots* of features.  OL's clustering strategy
works only for points, so I thought it would be interesting to mention
this server-side (postgis) approach to creating generalized polygon
layers amenable to a feature service.

Yves