[Geoprisma-dev] GeoPrisma General doc structure, proposition

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Sun Nov 15 08:51:47 EST 2009

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 15:19 -0500, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
> Yves,
>
>   I added a patch to the ticket.  Would you mind taking a quick look and
> tell me your comments ?

> > http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/19

A bit too big a patch for me to comment on.  There are a few typos so I
guess at this point just commit and I'll review.  The overall structure
looks ok.  Particular comments :

- IN docs/source/introduction/index.rst :

  - you should  mention the datastore in between the service and
resource (you talk about datastores in the tutorials, so introduce it
here)

- IN docs/source/tutorials/install-strategy.rst (why
"install-strategy.rst" and not just "install.rst" ?)

  - I wonder if the "how to prepare your Resources" is necessary; if you
do put it, maybe it would be interesting to draw further parallels with
a layer in a mapfile or a featureserver.cfg file

  - in the "Fill the requirements" section, mention there's an index.php
in the bundles that checks for requirements

That's a good start.  I think the basic architecture blocks are there.
A next whirl at docs could be more use case oriented.  One idea would be
to document samples, highlighting some peculiar options/settings that
cover the use case.  An example : I want to be able to tick all layers
off (alloverlay

Thanx !

Yves