[Geoprisma-dev] Proposed change in workspaces

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 26 12:09:44 EST 2009

Yves,

Yves Moisan wrote:
> I don't think it makes sense to be able to use many maps in a workspace.
Why not ?  Where would you put the "multi-map" support then ?

> but I think it's better to use a different map object to tweak map options for now.

I agree.

> Also, the mapfishlayertree need not be specified as a widget to include in a workspace.  That makes it a "special" widget.
That's a flaw IMHO, in the same way, all widgets that are not linked to
any resource should also be considered as "special" :

MeasureTool
GeoExtToolbar
Scale
ZoomSlider
MousePosition
LegendPanel
GeoExtux_GeoNamesSearchCombo

That's old discussion stuff ;)

=== conclusion ===

+0

Since you seem need the update really quickly, it would be ok to commit
these changes.  But, I think more 'conceptualization' could have been
done to include the possibility to have 'mutli-map' support some day,
and the workspace structure seemed the perfect way to accomplish this.
In the end, I'm ok with the changes.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé