[Geoprisma-dev] LegendPanel layername issue

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Jan 7 11:38:44 EST 2010

Hi List,

I've come across a small irritant about what is displayed in the legend
panel for layer name.  The case is a bundled layer :

<layer>
<resourcenames>
    <resourcename>RSMunicipalities</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSvegetation_tline</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSstructures_mine</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSstructures_tline</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSroads_tline</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSwater_river_tline</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSwater_stream_tline</resourcename>
    <resourcename>RSmonitoring_stations</resourcename>
</resourcenames>
<servicetype>wms</servicetype>
<options>
    <layername>LYR_WMS</layername>
    <isbaselayer>false</isbaselayer>
    <projection>EPSG:32644</projection>
    <format>image/png</format>
    <transparent>true</transparent>
    <singletile>true</singletile>
</options>
</layer>

Now, I've set the legend for the last resource only
(RSmonitoring_stations).  The only layername I can change is LYR_WMS but
I certainly can't change it to Monitoring stations because what happens
when I add the legend widget to another resource ?  In fact what happens
is that I get symbols for all resources in a rather uncontrolled way and
no way to distinguish between resources.  I wouldn't want to make
separate layers because of the bandwith penalty ...

Does the new config driver address this issue ?  We were talking about
bundling requests to MapServer, so the legend will become an issue.

Cheers,

Yves