[Geoprisma-dev] Diagrams

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Jan 14 15:56:04 EST 2010

> Hi devs,
>
>   We currently have some diagrams in the ./docs directory that shows
> some of the basic knowledge and concepts of GeoPrisma.  I think it would
> be useful to have them reviewed and have some added to the doc.
>
>   Explaining the concepts with words only is pretty hard.  A well-done
> diagram would help.
>
>   What I'm aiming here is to have your comments about the topic, not
> immediate solutions or concrete proposal.  I'd like to create a ticket
> at the end of the discussion.

First thoughts.  IIRC the diagrams there are a bit complex or not really
useful from a developer/implementer point of view.  A flow diagram or
some sort of time sequence showing how a page is generated would be IMO
a very useful feature.  We already have some doc on how to create a new
widget.  It would be nice to graphically position in a time sequence
when things like PrintWidgetExecution get called along the way to HTML.
We might think of separate time sequence diagrams for things like auth
and page generation for example.

Yves